Our vision is to build a Christian apologetics ministry that reaches and challenges all believers in the greater Toledo area with the credibility and approbation of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Alongside other companion ministries, Immutable Truth’s threefold charge is: (1) to equip and empower believers to more intelligently articulate the truth claims of the Christian faith in the public square; (2) to crystallize and model the Christian worldview as a viable, if not compelling, option in our contemporary milieu; and (3) to challenge the counterfeit claims of other worldviews with the truths of biblical Christianity. We consider 1 Peter 3:15-16 an imperative for all believers.
Immutable Truth aspires to provide a local forum for identifying, defending, and disseminating the most important issues concerning the truth claims of the Christian faith, such as:
• the philosophical-theological foundation for a Christian worldview
• the existence of God
• creation of the universe (materialism vs. creationism)
• the reliability of Scripture
• the inescapable and accursed effects of original sin
• the Incarnation
• the Atonement
• the doctrine of Justification
• the Resurrection
• the Trinity
• the creation and mission of the Church
What We Believe…
We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of Mary, a virgin, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the Eternal Security of the believer; that it is impossible for one born into the family of God to ever be lost.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His Ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope”, the personal, premillenial, pretribulation and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, when the Church will be “gathered together unto Him.”
- We believe in the literal fulfillment of the prophecies and promises of the Scriptures which foretell and assure the future regeneration and restoration of Israel as a nation.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. We believe that the Scriptural ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord’s Supper; that baptism should be administered to believers only as a symbol of their belief in the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and as a testimony to the world of that belief and of their death, burial, and resurrection with Him, and that the Lord’s Supper should be partaken of by believers only to show for His death, till He comes.